- First, let’s install the necessary tools:
# sudo apt-get install autotools-dev fakeroot dh-make build-essential
- Copy your source tree into a directory in /tmp or something else
# cp -r sources-0.1 /tmp
# cd /tmp/
- Now let’s make the debian control files:
# dh_make --createorig
Don’t forget to iclude “–createorig” if you don’t have the orig source before.
- Edit the debian/control file and at least change the Maintainer and Description fields. There are a few other files you will probably want to edit.
- Then run the following: (don’t use sudo!!)
# dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
- At last, if we look in /tmp (one directory up) we see
sources-0.1.debwhich ready . . 😀